The Safety Harbor Public Library has various areas for volunteers to assist. Benefits of volunteering include meeting new people, learning new skills, helping your community, and exposure to the many library events and services.
Please review our Volunteer Manual for further information about volunteering with us and descriptions of positions and duties. If you have any further questions, please contact Kathy Middleton at 727-724-1525 x4101.
The Library cannot accept court-ordered community service volunteers.
If you are an adult interested in volunteering,
please submit an online Volunteer Application.
- You must be 14-17 years old and in high school to volunteer.
- A minimum of 25 hours per semester is required to volunteer at the library.
- Only students seeking Bright Futures/CAS credit hours are accepted.
- No volunteers will be accepted after September 30 of their senior year.
- We DO NOT offer volunteer hours for court-ordered community service.
- Teen volunteer applications are available in person at the Youth Services Desk. Do not submit the adult online application.
For more information on becoming an ESOL tutor, please visit the Literacy Council of Upper Pinellas. You may print and complete the ESOL tutor information form and submit it to the Answers Desk in the library, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Library & Library Foundation
Another way to volunteer is to join one or both of our support organizations, the Friends of the Library and/or the Safety Harbor Library Foundation.