- Special Events
- Story Times
- Arts & Crafts
- Tween Scene
- Web Resources
- Reading Programs
Special Children's Events!
We look forward to seeing you at our fun, FREE, and educational programs!
We have several Story Times for all ages!
Tips for a Successful Story Time
1. Please be timely as children need transition. Story Time begins at 10:30 am.
2. Story times require caregiver participation. Please put away your electronic devices and participate with your child. You child will be more engaged if you are participating.
3. Conversations are distracting. Please chat with friends after the program.
4. If your child becomes disruptive or unhappy, please remove them from the room and try again when they are calm.
Arts & crafts programs for children!
The Safety Harbor Public Library Youth Services Department has several outreach options available.
• Preschool & Day Care: A Librarian is available by appointment to visit your classroom.
• Preschool Outreach Book Lending Program: Sign up to be on the monthly delivery list for books.
• Field Trips: We can arrange to have your class visit our library. We offer orientation, story time, songs, and/or book scavenger hunt. We can also visit your school or classroom.
• Scout Visits: We are happy to help you earn a fun patch or badge. Let us know how we can help!
• Homeschoolers: Groups can meet here to work on projects, do research, and enjoy programs.
This program covers such topics as cyberbullying, social media, online gaming, computer protection, and more. .
||2018 - 2019 Sunshine State Reading Lists for Grades 3-5 and 6-8|
| 2018-2019 Sunshine State Jr. Reading Lists for Grades K-3
|Looking for a book, CD, DVD or other materials? Use the Sirsi Library Catalog
|Internet safety program with fun and safe games, activities, videos and more!|
|Tumble Books is a collection of animated, talking picture books, games & puzzles, language learning, National Geographic videos and more.|
|Match books to reading levels using the Lexile system.
|has quality full text articles on most topics, pictures, and maps for children in grades K-5.|
|Florida Kids: Learn about Florida's Cultures, settlements and facts about our great state. This site also provides information about Florida's state symbols like the state bird and state song.|
|contains more than 130 magazines and journals most critical to the cirriculum of middle school students.|
|Junior Reference Collection offers reference, primary sources and over 17,000 Biographies that students can browse by topic.
|Lit Finder helps students locate poems, stories, plays, essays and download MP3s of articles.|
Enjoy reading your favorite books while earning prizes!
Ages 0-3 are encouraged to participate in our year round program, 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.